Monday 18 October 2010



My media product follows some forms and conventions of real magazines. I have used a bold masthead across the top of the front cover and added cover lines down the sides of my main image. My barcode is the same size as those on real media products and placed in the bottom corner like the majority of published magazines. On my double page spread i followed more of these conventions. I used an eye-catching font for my title then a clear easily legible font for the main body of text in the article. I placed the kicker to spread across the two columns of text to separate it and make it more noticeable. I have not used a dropcap here, which is much unlike a magazine article. However one of the reasons that a dropcap is used is to show clearly where the beginning of the article is, and on my double page spread the placing of the text alongside the image makes it clear enough where to begin reading. I have used a sidebar in the bottom right corner of the article containing the tour dates of my artist; this is separated from the main body of text to show that it does not continue from the feature, although it is still nearby showing that it is still connected to the feature. A pull quote has been placed alongside the picture to fill some of the white space and target a part of the interview that may make readers want to read the whole feature.


My magazine is of a rock genre, but a softer rock with a range of other genres to appeal to girls. The title of my magazine (ENCORE) represents the feeling of being at a live gig or concert, when the crowd is screaming for one more song. It is written in capitals in a bold expressive font to show the energy and volume that would be put into shouting the word. I took inspiration from magazines like KERRANG and NME but added a more feminine twist to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger